Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: To Err Is Human by Ann Snizek


From the very start this book held my attention. I found that once I started reading it that even my beloved fandoms could hardly pull me away, and ask anyone who knows me that is quite the accomplishment. this book started strong and stuck with it till the very end, if it wasn't one thing it was another that snagged me and made me sit and want to read more. I found that I was holding the Kindle that my mother was letting me use more than I was holding paper books, that is until I reached the end and was left wishing that the book had continued on past Anne's planned ending. I can honestly say that I have never come across another book quite like this before,it is a very unique concept that I found shocking and amazing. As soon as I read the first page I felt as though I had a connection with Eris, like I was there joining in her experiences, discovering a whole new world than the one she lived in for her entire life, it's books like this that leave me hungry for more, and I can most certainly say that I was indeed left hungry for more as I read the final page. I would suggest this book to any teen who loves to read.



The Book... Eris Payton believes she's going insane when she meets Nelson -- a lucent -- a being that has always been invisible and silent to humans -- until Eris. When his brother falls ill, Nelson brings Eris news of her estranged dad, the acclaimed geneticist Dr. Payton. Nelson not only introduces Eris to a world she didn’t know existed by taking her to Downside, but to people who accept her for who she is. It isn't as easy as that though. Lucents have innate abilities to manipulate living energy. Another ability, although difficult, dangerous, and rarely preformed, is to merge their DNA with a human to save that person's life. The two literally become one, known as a hybrid. Nelson became a hybrid only a few months ago and still has his own demons to fight. Dr. Payton also became a hybrid -- years ago when he mysteriously disappeared -- and has disappeared again after he established a quarantine. But what does this have to do with Eris? The lucents' unique DNA leaves them vulnerable to viruses that humans don't even know about, and it is one such virus that has spread through the lucent communities. However, according to detailed notes left behind by Dr. Payton, the specially engineered DNA that makes Eris able to see and hear the lucents while remaining human also holds the key to curing the epidemic that has devastated the lucent population. Will she be able to cope with the largest upheaval her life has ever seen?


The Author...
Originally from Vermont, Ann now lives in Virginia with her family (those still at home). With a blended family of seven kids spreading out around the country, there has never been a dull moment. Ann's childhood was spent moving around a lot. Now settled, she is a home-schooling mom. Ann has a love of books from childhood and continues to nurture that love in our children and now grandchildren -- always nurturing their imaginations. Along with publishing several books, Ann is active in the community, fighting illiteracy, with the founding and facilitating of a Creative Writing Club and volunteer tutoring at the Adult Learning Center. Struggling with disabilities of her own. She tries not to overdo things... not always listening to her own advice. Her dry, sarcastic, and often corny wit finds its way into her writing. She pulls from life's experiences, both hers and others, for inspiration... always sharing, growing, and learning.


Wisdom of the Bookworms, Micheyla

“Literature is the immortality of speech.” ~ August Wilhelm Von Schlegel 


© 2013 Micheyla Bartotto, All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be used without the express permission of the author. DISCLOSURE STATEMENT -- All books reviewed on this site have been received via purchase, lending, or given to me by an author or publisher. No reviews are purchased.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Micheyla!!!! It means so much coming from a teenager! <3 I can't wait to get you the next one! =D

    ReplyDelete

Confess thy Wisdom with me...