Friday, November 16, 2012



Rot and Ruin Jonathan Maberry
about the book
In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.

The review: what do you think when you hear the word zombie? Like most people I often think dead corpses rising from the dead and trying to eat you and that they are merely things to be feared. I mean who doesn’t?  well Jonathan shows you that that’s not the only emotion a tale of the zombie apocalypse can evoke. I like how instead of dropping you into the struggle of discovering the dead are rising he shows you what happens when society starts to pull itself back together around the zombie epidemic.
And the result is quite surprising especially the fact I never expected to fell sorry for a zombie but here I am feeling sorry for the undead. I know you probably never would have expected that eh? This book was an amazing story of life after the end of the world it shows that even if the dead rise life still goes on.
And even if like me zombies give you nightmares for days on end I would suggest that you at least give this book a try you more than likely not regret it. I know I didn’t.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Confess thy Wisdom with me...