Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Favorite Doctors and Companions ~ Old Folk's Style

Greetings all from the END of the Universe, I am the Bookworm's Mother and I was a fan of the Doctor long before she was a glimmer in my eye. I've taken control of the blog for the day to share some of my top moments in Doctor Who history... and maybe I will manage to have a nice round number of ten at the end. 
I like the END you see, such a cozy place to stop at a Restaurant and chat with a cow. 

My first Doctor... The Fifth: Peter Davison
I used to get together with a few friends and we would watch the show on PBS. 
We never could figure out why the darned celery was there, and it seems even the BBC couldn't figure out
that concept, but it worked. 
My Favorite Doctor prior to the revitalization of the show - Tom Baker!
You had to love the scarf and that quirky attitude!
My all time favorite Doctor to date -- David Tennant, need I say anything as to why?

On to the Companions... 
Hands down for individual companions, and the ultimate love interest - Rose Tyler.
Without her I honestly believe that the revitalized show would not have caught on as well. 
While she had great chemistry with Christopher Eccleston, Billy Piper matched with David 
Tennant was an explosive combination that shook the foundations for many Whovians!
Best Companions and Favorite though, would be the duo of The Ponds...
Rory & Amy brought a whole new level of character and emotional turmoil to the story. 
I know I fell in love with them both as the story unfolded and miss them. 
Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan were a spectacular pair. 
One of my favorite characters, and very under utilized, River Song. 
Neither a companion or solid person within the realm, I think she will always remain, 
a marvelous enigma, and Alex Kingston played here with class and sass!



For more of my favorite Doctor Who moments... you'll just have to wait,
I promise, I'll be back!





Wisdom of the Bookworms, Mama Bear


© 2013 Micheyla Bartotto, All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be used without the express permission of the author.

 DISCLOSURE STATEMENT -- All books reviewed on this site have been received via purchase, lending, or given to me by an author or publisher. No reviews are purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Confess thy Wisdom with me...